Sunday 22 May 2022

and then some time passed.......

 and so two years later I can report that:

1. the beetle bank samples failed to show any exciting trends. The soils from the banks had a higher carbon content but were less dense so that the total C was the same as the lower C concentration, higher density arable soil.

2. the C sequestration stuff is coming along nicely - more shortly

3. I have finally finished analysing the earthworm-plant-bacteria samples - again, more shortly.

But as we emerge from Covid the exciting news is that in person conferences are back and I am currently in Vienna for EGU2022 after, depending on how you count it two or three years away. Possibly the biggest inconvenience of Covid has been ringing up Austrian Airlines to change my ticket every year, it plays havoc with my blood pressure but at last I've been able to use my plane ticket. Today I spent some time wandering around the town, reaquainting myself with some of my favourite bits of Viennese architecture before the conference proper starts tomorrow.

Karlskirche in all its ridiculous glory
Karlskirche poking out above the trees


The opera house - performances booked Monday and Tuesday

A wonderful plant pot - reminds me of the Disc World

The Secession building - home of the rather weird Beethoven frieze

A new fave - the Hundertwasserhaus

and again

Not a building but I just love the way these road signs remind you that you are truly in central Europe




No comments:

Post a Comment